Ayrshire New Zealand National On Farm Challenge Entry 2023/24
An entry fee is payable to Ayrshire New Zealand as follows:
$10 (plus GST) per animal entered.
All entrants must be a member of Ayrshire New Zealand.
Entrants may put forward a maximum of two cows per age group.
All cattle entered must be minimum S2A and be registered in the Ayrshire New Zealand Herd Book by 27 October 2023.
- Cattle must be in milk and have a readable ear tag in her ear, that corresponds with the entry form.
- Cattle may have their tail and udder clipped, unless entrant has proof that the animal has been to a recent show. Cattle must not be haltered or lead. Cattle may be washed.
- Cattle are to be judged on a suitable concrete surface.
- Cattle may be bagged appropriately but no alteration to udders or teats is permitted.
- No replacements will be allowed on the day of judging. All replacements must be communicated through the Ayrshire New Zealand office.
- The judge will use the scoring sheet provided by Ayrshire New Zealand.
- Entries will need to be received by Ayrshire New Zealand by 27 October 2023
- Entry is $10 per animal entered. Each breeder may enter a maximum of 2 cows per age group with the exception of Class 6.
Entry fees will be invoiced to the entrants Ayrshire New Zealand debtors account, and it is the expectation that entry fees will be paid prior to judging. However, if entry fees remain unpaid at 31 December, the Judging Committee reserves the right to withdraw entries prior to the announcement of the regional results.
- Overall Age Group winners will be announced and presented at the Ayrshire New Zealand AGM in June.
- The age groups are as follows:
- Class 1 – 2yr – born 01/01/2021 – 31/12/2021
- Class 2 – 3yr – born 01/01/2020 – 31/12/2020
- Class 3 – 4-5yr – born 01/01/2018 – 31/12/2019
- Class 4 – 6,7,8yr – born 01/01/2015 – 31/12/2017
- Class 5 – Veteran cow 9yr and over – born 31/12/2013 and prior
- Class 6 – A & M Scott Memorial Shield – three daughters by the same sire, the three daughters may or may not also be entered in age group classes
- Class 7- Team Entry – to qualify for a team entry, an entrant must have a minimum of 1 entry in each class 1-5
- If an entry has more than 1 entry per class, higher placed animal will progress to team
- Class 7 is calculated on the highest total on conformation
- GLENGORDON TROPHY – The Glengordon Trophy will be awarded to the overall highest pointed cow in the Ayrshire On Farm Challenge annually.