Welcome to Ayrshire New Zealand
Malcolm Hutchings with the tribute to Lodore Vals Nella at the Annual Conference, Whangarei.
Ayrshire New Zealand is proud to be an innovative and progressive Association, with a clear vision for the future of the breed, committed to maximising the rate of genetic gain of the breed. New Zealand has the second largest recorded Ayrshire population in the world, and makes up 1% of the national herd in New Zealand.
The New Zealand Ayrshire Association (Inc), known as Ayrshire New Zealand, is an Incorporated Society representing approx 380 Ayrshire breeders in New Zealand. The offices of Ayrshire New Zealand are located in Hamilton (central North Island) at the site of Livestock Improvement Corporation. The office is staffed Monday to Friday and members and visitors are always welcome to call at the office.
The Association is divided into 9 wards geographically, each ward represented by a Director. The Board of Directors is headed by the President. Ayrshire New Zealand is also the parent body to 16 Ayrshire clubs nationwide. An annual Meeting is held each year in June at varying locations. All members are invited to attend.
The Ayrshire Vision
Ayrshire New Zealand will develop, promote and maintain the Ayrshire breed as a credible option for New Zealand dairy farmers
To be the number one dairy population, among all breeds, under the NZ payment system
- Genetic gain of the Ayrshire population
- Always look for the opportunity
- Maintain a financially sustainable business
- Foster camaraderie among Ayrshire members
- Always maintain a professional image
- Ayrshire NZ will have united, vibrant members who are proud to belong.
- Ayrshire NZ members will be proactive and engaged in striving to achieve Association goals.
- Ayrshire NZ and its members are progressive and are perceived to be innovative.
- Ayrshire (A14+) will make up >1% of the national herd
- Ayrshire BW/GW and PW will increase annually
- Ayrshire cows will be financially rewarding for those who farm them.
- Ayrshire cows will be included in national statistics and trials.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS (KPI)
- Membership: The Association membership will be 30% of farmers who have a proportion of Ayrshire in their herds.
- Registration: 40% of available animals will be registered.
- Semen Sales: The Semayr / LIC partnership will have 50% of Ayrshire calves registered annually sired by Semayr bulls.